Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, December 1, 2013

November Glossy Box


This months theme was "The Wishlist"


 I hate to say, but it was another disappointing box. Here's what I got;


B Complete Long-Lasting Nail Polish in Desert,  £4.99 for 8ml. 
What utter disappointment I had on seeing this hideous shade of peachy pink, I'm quite pale and would never choose this sort of colour, but in the name of science I gave it a go to see if it really was so "long lasting". I was even more abhorred with the application, it has a lovely wide brush but the polish is so thin that you need at least 3 coats for an opaque finish and each coat took absolutely forever to dry. Needless to say I didn't manage to fully apply this to my nails as the awful bland colour deemed it a bit of a waste of time.


Elegant Touch Rapid Dry for Nails - £3 for 125ml.
This product claims to dry your wet polish in just 60 seconds, seemed a pretty big claim to me but I gave it a go. I used this with the B Complete nail polish which also came in this months box and it really seemed to make no difference to drying time whatsoever. It feels quite oily and moisturising so is actually quite nice to massage into your cuticles but as for drying your nails faster, I'm not convinced. 


Vichy Idealia Life Serum Samples, £29.50 for 30ml.
Oh dear, another seemingly vague skin care product, in fact 3! These come in teeny tiny tubes of just 3ml and don't really say on them what they're supposed to do, but after a google I found that the "life serum" is supposed to transform the quality of your skin, eradicating the effects of our environment and tightening your pores, while the illuminating cream is more of an anti aging moisturiser. Both products smell quite nice and are a light, easy to apply cream which sinks straight into the skin. I couldn't really tell the difference between the two products if I'm honest but they both felt quite nice and seemed to 'tighten' my pores.
As much as I enjoyed trying these, I really don't think I could fork out almost £30 for a 30ml bottle and I'm disappointed in the size of these little tubes, it would have been much nicer if we could have received a more substantial sized sample of just one of the products so you could give it a proper trial.


Emite Make Up Micronized Eyeshadow - 'Dams' (Black) -  £16.80 full sized.
This is a very simple matt black eyeshadow in the most boring of packaging. It does what you expect essentially, but the good bit is that it's made for sensitive eyes because it's oil free and you can use it wet or dry meaning it's a little more workable than your average shadow. Not something I personally would choose but this is a great product for contact lens wearers or those with sensitive eyes.


Yves Rocher France Cocoa & Raspberry - £1.95 for 75 ml.
The outright savior of this months box and unfortunately the cheapest! I absolutely love the combination of chocolate and raspberrys, it smells divine and is a lovely thin cream which sinks straight into your hands without leaving them greasy. I've demanded that my friends all try this and every one of them has loved the smell and texture, not forgetting that it leaves your hands super soft and hydrated. I will definitely be buying another when this runs out!
You can buy it here.

I was about ready to cancel my glossy subscription this month, I'm frequently feeling a little let down after each box and would rather save my £10 to put toward a full sized product to try every month. Then I remembered it's December next, surely a Christmas GlossyBox will be really, really good? We'll see..


0 comments: