Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 19, 2014

Easy Rice Crispy Treats : Recipe



Today was a little gloomy and we were inside having ourselves a duvet day. I figured we needed a little treat, I wanted something which would be easy to make and which Enid could get involved in creating. I've made rice krispie chocolate cakes tons of times in the past but never those yummy gooey mallow kind so after some searching and adapting, here's how we did it.


Ingredients :
180 grams Rice Krispies
50 grams butter/margarine
300 grams mini mallows
Sprinkles


Add the butter to a large pan on a low heat until melted, then pour in your marshmallows. You need to stir them pretty much constantly until they turn into a nice shiny goo!


Take the pan off the heat and add in your rice krispies, the mallow is very sticky so it takes some elbow grease to stir the mixture together, but once it's all combined you can scoop it all into a greased tin.


I put my mix into a brownie pan and slightly wet a clean hand to flatten it down and push it into all the gaps. Then we got out the sprinkles to decorate the top!


Once decorated, place the pan in the fridge until the mallow has hardened. You can then take it out and cut the treats into squares.


They are really yummy and since the marshmallows are fat free, they feel slightly more guilt free than some other naughty treats! I think next time I'll experiment with adding a little food colouring to the marshmallows and maybe throw in some chocolate chips or sweets.

Let me know if you have a go!

0 comments: