Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, September 11, 2014

Birthday break snapshots


I turned the grand old age of 30 last week and we celebrated with a trip to one of my favourite childhood holiday spots in Norfolk. We stayed in a small seaside village near Great Yarmouth, which has so many memories for me I couldn't fit them all in to one blog post if I tried!
As someone who has a pretty intense phobia of fish and all things slimey looking sealife, it's curious to me why I love the sea so much (I'm also a really bad swimmer too). There is just something so amazingly calming about being near it, sitting on an empty beach watching the waves roll and listening to all those lovely seaside noises is magic and you can't fail to feel good.

It had been over a year since we last saw the sea and for me, that is far, far too long.


I can't say that I'm overly thrilled about turning 30, but life goes on and I enjoyed a really lovely day whilst being rather spoiled. My sweet husband gave me some amazingly thoughtful gifts and even turned his hand to cake making, which is something he has no patience for usually.


We enjoyed an indulgent breakfast with my dad and a stroll along the beach in the morning, which will go down as the best birthday morning I've ever had.

The rest of the week was spent, beaching, penny arcading and exploring.


I hope everyone else is enjoying the last slice of summer. Happy September!


0 comments: