Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013

27 years.


Crispy French Toast.
My husbands 27th birthday was this Wednesday, so I made him this crispy French Toast for breakfast and I was so pleased with how it turned out! Usually when I follow a recipe it barely resembles the original by the time I plate it up, but this time it actually looked rather presentable!
I got the recipe from A beautiful Mess and it really is super easy! For my crispy coating I used Tesco own brand Crunchy nut and bashed it around with a rolling pin in a bowl, worked perfectly!



As a birthday treat, we traveled to London on the train (our baby's first train ride!) to visit the Tate Modern for the Lichtenstein 'A Retrospective' exhibition. A great number of the famous Pop Artists works were brought together for a once in a lifetime look at some of his well known and less famous pieces and it was amazing to be able to see so many of my all time favourite works in one place!

We also went to an amazing Mexican Restaurant named Lupita near Charing Cross, I honestly can't reccommend them enough! The food was excellent, freshly made with some very tasty combinations and the staff couldn't have been more friendly or helpful. They were happy to let us use their office for baby changing, gave us hot water for Enid's bottle and were generally chatty and attentive. If you're ever in the area you should definitely give it a visit!



Finally to kick start the bank holiday weekend we took Enid swimming for the first time and it was a total hit! I was nervous that she would start screaming as soon as we got in and we'd have wasted our money but she was fine, we lasted about 40 minutes before she got cold and was wanting a feed. I definitely think I'll be trying to take her weekly from now on, I'm personally a very poor swimmer and not confident in deep water at all so I'd love for her to be more like her dad in that respect (a super swimmer!).

I hope you've all had a great Easter weekend!

0 comments: