Powered by Blogger.
Monday, September 16, 2013

Easy Ice Cream


My main birthday present from my dad and gran was an ice cream maker attachment for my kitchenaid. It's something I didn't think I would bother with until I saw this post over on the A Beautiful Mess blog and I realised just how easy it is to make ice cream! Let's just say I was inspired and I'm so glad because this thing is FUN!

Here's the first recipe I've tried with it and it turned out great. I wanted a gelato style ice cream, something less sweet and more fruity and this definitely delivered.


Ingrediants:

12 Ounces of fruit (I used 2 punnets of raspberrys)
3/4 Cup of caster sugar
2 Cups Milk (you can use whole or semi skimmed)
1/2 Double or single cream (personal choice but I used double)
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence


Simply whizz up the raspberrys and sieve them to get rid of the pips. Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth, then place in the fridge for an hour. Turn on your ice cream maker and pour in the mix, I left mine for 30 mins and it was a lovely soft consistency, perfect to eat then! It keeps for a month in the freezer in an airtight container and tastes absolutely delicious!


If you don't have an ice cream maker you can still use this recipe, you just need to pop the mixture in the freezer and repeatedly keep taking it out to stir, then freeze, then stir until it's the right consistency.

My next adventure in ice cream making will be frozen yogurt so I'll post up a recipe if that's successful and then I'd like to get more creative and have a crack and something a bit more exciting - cookie dough most likely!! Yummy!


0 comments: